Blog - June 2016 Archives
June 2016 Archives
June 25, 2016
Weekly revue: 2016 week #25 (June 18 to 24)
Food: - Napoli pizza at Lupi32, Asagaya
- Curry lunch at Anjali, Shimokitazawa
- Sausage roll, corn pottage, fish & chips, and roast beef at Bespoque, Higashi-Nakano
- Cakes and cookies from Kies, Nishi-Ogikubo! Our good friend just opened her own café where she serves delicious cakes, cookies, teas and coffee. Until recently she was at Magali at Monami just nearby, and also at Sunday Bake Shop. Go check it out! :) ("Kies", 4-35-5 Nishi-Ogi-kita, Suginami-ku)
- Dinner at organ, Nishi-Ogikubo
Art: When walking in Shibuya we found by chance shop Mortar, recently decorated by HITOTZUKI. The 2nd floor has a skating ramp that opens 1st and 3rd Saturday every month from 20:30. The rest of the time it's a clothing and skateboard shop, with a coffee shop/café "iki Espresso Tokyo" inside. I happened to find nice shoes while there. :)
Music release news: Nakano Aya, suiyobi no Campanella, jan and naomi
Playlist: hitomitoi, Prince, Rodion, Sweet Robots Against The Machine, Missing Linc, Duck Sauce, Crazy Ken Band
This week's videos:
Nomiya Maki "Tokyo wa yoru no 7ji ondō"
Nomiya Maki "Sweet Soul Revue ondō"
June 19, 2016
Weekly revue: 2016 week #24 (June 11 to 17)
Got to watch some goats eating grass in Tachikawa. :) There seems to be a "rental goat" trend to take care of mowing unused grounds.
Food: - Lamb curry at Spice Box, Kanda
- Café à Aux Baccanales, Kiyoichō
- Wednesday morning coconut pineapple cake & coffee at Sunday Bake Shop, Hatsudai (closed until July 2 for summer vacation!)
- Handmade pasta at Pastatoria Alessio, Nakano
Music events: - I went to illustrator/modeler Kow Yokoyama's 60th birthday party event! Held at Beams Cultuart in Harajuku for an audience of 50, it was already going to feature CTO LAB., which I was really looking forward to, and a few days before the event it was announced that rapper Kaseki Cider would perform too! The whole show was a lot of fun, especially with the friendly party atmosphere afterwards, chatting and eating cake. I got to take photos with my friends of CTO LAB., and also Kow-san and Kaseki Cider! :)
Kaseki Cider set list (accompanied by Nakamori Yasuhiro (Hicksville)): Cider ga tomaranai / natsu o Playback / kuchizuke kibonnu (song he wrote for Dempagumi.inc)
CTO LAB. set list: The Theme of Ma.K. / Happy Birthday / Napolitan no uta (w/ shin Chiroline's Fukunaga Marika / B-612 ni koi o shite (feat. Fukunaga Marika) / The Elements / Crash Bandicoot
- Also last weekend I went to 7" pop-up record shop "uqiqau" where there were records owned by Konishi Yasuharu, Chabe, etc. I did a few nice finds there, and for very cheap too! :)
Music release news: Learners, Shuntarō Okino
This week's video: Lucky Tapes "Tonight!"
June 12, 2016
Weekly revue: 2016 week #23 (June 4 to 10)
Last weekend was an event called "Chasampo" ("tea stroll") in Nishi-Ogikubo. 101 shops in the surroundings participated, either by doing something a bit out of the ordinary (collaborations, exhibitions, etc.) or serving free tea to anyone who dropped by. What a nice way to attract customers, and for us to spend a day!
Food: - Chicken nanban sandwich from Ayumi shokudō, and Earl Gray & blueberry ice cream at gallery/café Mizu no sora, Nishi-Ogikubo
- Chocolate cake (with sanshō) and coffee at flower shop/café cotito, Nishi-Ogikubo
- Also dropped by Kies, a new cookie & cake shop a friend will open soon! I'll post again once it opens. :)
- Vegetables 65, aosai kootu, lemon sevai, etc. at Cochin Nivas, Shinjuku
- Blue Seal ice cream in Shinjuku
Music event: I went to a DJ event featuring Gaz Mayall from London and Sunaga Tatsuo, held at TimeOut Cafe (above Liquidroom). That was awesome! Best of all I got to hang out with my favorite bass player, and meet some cool people!
Music release news: Sunaga Tatsuo compilation, "Game ongaku taizen" book, Un Amin
Playlist: Hoshino Michiru, Sloppy Joe, Rodion, Especia, Halfby, Negicco, Scha Dara Parr
This week's videos:
- VIDEOTAPEMUSIC "Sultry Night Slow"
- Un Amin "Giant Panda ni notte mitai"
June 5, 2016
Weekly revue: 2016 week #22 (May 28 to June 3)
Food: - Bacon cheeseburger at WIN-P'S, Nakano. This burger shop has poutine! Only in the dinner menu though.
- Mutton biriyani & saag curry set from Erick Curry & Biriyani, Shibuya
- FourBarrel coffee at The Local, Shibuya
- Friday morning sausage roll & coffee at Sunday Bake Shop, Hatsudai
Music release news: Rocketman, Original Love, Sunaga Tatsuo compilation
Playlist: Towa Tei, XTAL, Negicco, Sunaga t Experience, Denki Groove, Dorian, Museum of Plate
This week's video: Twisty BonBon "Friday Night"